Winter is in full swing, and even though that only means wearing a light jacket here in Modesto, cabin fever can still strike! If you and your family are looking for a little winter fun or simply something new and exciting to do in Modesto, Mid Cal moving has you covered.
Feed Your Creativity
· “2 Saturdays for Families” at The Haggin Museum; 1201 N. Pershing Avenue
Saturday, January 10 at 1:30 PMThis free program is designed to teach children about the art in museum and foster creativity.
Get Up & Moving
· “After School Jam” at McHenry Bowl; 3700 McHenry Avenue
Monday, January 15, from 4:00 PM-6:00 PM For $7, children ages 2 and up enjoy two hours of “glow bowling,” music, shoe rental, and fun!
· “Winter Recreation; snow ski, water ski and more;” various locations
Contact the Society for disAbilities for registration information at 209-524-3536Individuals with disabilities are invited to participate in snow and water skiing, biking, and even going to a Prom!
Enjoy the Outdoors
· “Stanislaus County Home and Garden Show” at Modesto Centre PlazaMarch 6 – 8, Friday 12 PM – 6 PM; Saturday and Sunday 10 AM – 5 PMEnjoy great vendors, Floral and Interior Design competitions, various classes and see the famous “Food Truck Wars!
· “FREE Backyard Composting Class” at Modesto Junior CollegeSaturday, March 21 from 10 AM – 12 PM; Tuesday, May 19 from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PMAttend this free community education to see all the benefits of composting.
Take a Break From Cooking
· “Kids eat FREE!” at Marie Callender’s Restaurant; 3500 Coffee Road
Tuesdays & Saturdays in January, all dayStop in toMarie Callender’s for home-style comfort foods.
For more information about how we at Mid Cal moving can help with all aspects of your Modesto relocation, contact us today!
Subscribe to Mid Cal Moving's Blog